Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Heart and Hands

Several years in the past I have decided to make Christmas gifts for family and friends. I have always enjoyed making artsy crafty things and sharing them with others. Some of the items I have made include: soaps, Friendship Tea, silhouettes & scherenshnitte (paper cuttings) & works of art. As an Impressionist oil painter, I may give small paintings, boxes of note cards with pictures of my paintings on them, or framed prints of my paintings.

These gifts I call those that are “Sent from my heart and hands to your hands and heart.”

Our hearts truly inspire the work of our hands - and our creative minds! This year I’ve even had fun creating virtual products online. I’ve used images of my paintings and my photographs to create fun gifts. For more inspiration, if you’re so inclined, check out my online shop at: http://www.zazzle.com/inspconx. You can upload your own images to design gifts as well.

If you wish to see more of my art, you can visit: http://www.loisgalloart.com/. Some images of the whimsical scherenshnitte I cut out are at: http://www.LoisGallo.com/page0036.htm.

“We love him, because he first loved us.” – 1 John 4:19. A great passage to remind about the real essence of Love is 1 John 4:7-21. Now would be the perfect time to read it, as it was Love Incarnate (in the flesh) who was born on Christmas Day.

May your physical gifts and those gifts in word and deed inspire your family and friends with your thoughtfulness, love and caring!

No comments: