Friday, September 5, 2008

Makeover My Life!

Ever have days you just wish you could breathe? Where you had a little more time, a little less clutter, and were generally just feeling better about your life and yourself?

Over the past several years, I’ve been taking more aggressive action to get my lifestyle aligned with my values. That is, I’ve gotten my schedule and my environment streamlined to the point where I can have better clarity on what I want to spend my time and energy focused on that makes a difference. And then I am freer to move ahead and actually put those dreams and visions into action!

It’s been an exciting journey. Many of you know some of the bits and pieces of it, as I’ve made changes that you were able to see. But I’m in the process of ramping things up now. Next month I anticipate my newest book project will be coming out. So in preparation for that, I have been laying a more solid foundation with my other writings and web-based information to really be able to help more people on a practical day-to-day basis to live out their best life. That is, the life they really want to be living! You’ll be hearing more about that as things unfold.

In the meantime, I just came back from a Makeover Day in Richmond. I had a blast, and worked with some great folks. Here are a couple of photos with the "before" and "after" shots. If you want to see more pictures of the hair, wardrobe and makeup makeovers I received, just go to this link and click on “slideshow” on the top right area to view it. http://photobucket.com/MakeoverDay














We are all “works in progress.” I encourage you to think about making over your own life. Think about what is most important to you if everything else was gone, or if you were at the end of your life looking back. Then do whatever you have to do to move toward honoring that. It may include cutting back some of the activities in your busy life, setting more boundaries around yourself, investing more time with loved ones, getting more help and support people around you, following your heart and your passion, or getting a handle on the areas of clutter and disorganization in your life.

Real life is about BEING not merely DOING! So remember to live by the Spirit not by your feelings. Keep on becoming who you were meant to be!

No comments: