Monday, September 29, 2008

How Deep Is Your Love!

I remember days when my children were young and they were feeling especially expressive towards me when they would scramble up on my knee, whisper in my ear, “Mommy, I love you THIS much!” and open their little arms as wide as they could.

I came across this picture the other day in my clip file. It speaks so much to me of both God’s love and his forgiveness.

I see his arms open wide to take me in them and fill me full of his love for me. “How wide and how deep is God’s love for us! - Eph. 3:18
And when I’m full, I can go and share it with others easily and naturally. And it’s easier for me to love and forgive others when I know his love and forgiveness of me is so great.

When I can truly see and experience even a little bit of God’s love for me, I can react as my children, with my arms open wide back to God to love him, “I love You THIS much, God!”

I made this entry short today because I’d like to inspire you to take some time to just think and reflect on God’s love for you. Go sit in his lap and tell him how much you love him and let him love you back! It will change the course of your day today – I guarantee it!

Tomorrow I’ll continue with reflections on the depth of God’s forgiveness.

No comments: