Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When God Moves You

I have heard many stories about people who were awakened in the night with a thought of someone they know, along with a strong feeling they should pray for them. Often times they find out later what the reason was. It could be they were involved in a calamity of some kind, or an attack physically or spiritually. The prayers made things better than they could have been otherwise. Often miracles occur. Other times the results are a lifting of the heaviness of spirit the person was experiencing, when light and life enters in.

I have experienced the same thing myself. Whether I was awakened with a sense that something was not right, or whether their name popped into my head during the day, I know enough now to stop and pray until I feel I have prayed enough. Many times I’ll hear from them out of the blue minutes or hours or a day later. But even if I never hear anything, I will still follow the guidance and urgings of the Spirit to pray for someone who may be in need of something far beyond what I could give them.

The same kind of thing can occur when you’re speaking to someone and find all of a sudden you’re saying things that were not your own thoughts. I’ve had times when I even felt detached and just watching and listening as things poured out of me right to the other person’s spirit and touched them in a special way. I knew it was God at work through my mouth! These are amazing times when God moves through us!

Who has God been bringing to your mind lately? Remember to stop and lift them up in prayer to a God who cares about each of us! Be a special blessing to someone today through your interceding attitude.

No comments: