Monday, August 25, 2008

Road Signs on the Journey!

I recently headed off to visit some of my family in Toronto. I decided to make the trip each way a two-day trip by car, as I enjoy driving with lots of think time and interesting things to see along the way. Plus I like having my own car to get around town to visit everyone once I arrive.

I had already been praying about the family situations that I felt I may be able to be a help or encouragement in when I arrived in Canada. Although I didn’t know specifically how God might want to move through me, I knew it was important to stay tuned-in so I wouldn’t miss what He wanted to do.

As I started out my trip and pulled up to the light before getting on the highway, I saw this license plate in front of me. Of course, I just had to take a picture of it! So already God was telling me that it was “Harvest Time” and that I was heading in the right direction with the confirmation that God was going to move in a bountiful way in the lives of those I was to meet.

For the trip up, I decided to plan my route to stop over for part of the Joyce Meyer conference in Hershey, PA. I have been inspired by her and enjoy watching her TV program every morning. (Check out http://www.joycemeyer.org/ if you’re not familiar with her.)

This next picture is what I saw near the Harrisburg/Hershey area that evening. Although I didn't capture the rainbow in the sky, this shot of God's light shining through the storm clouds spoke to me. It symbolized again the promises of God to me. So I knew He was showing me that He was continuing with me on my trip and was preparing the way for His blessings to show up.

The next shot is a billboard with the word "Giant" that caught my attention. Not only was it capturing the name of the place where the conference was (Giant Center - although it was really advertising a grocery store), but it was telling me to get ready for giant things God was going to do! And I don't know if you can see the rainbow coming up from behind the word "Giant" and arching up into the sky...!

Throughout the rest of the trip, I was counting the miracles that took place. It was an amazing and wonderful trip! God blessed me and moved in the life of various family members in a wonderful way, bringing hope, healing and life changes.

Tomorrow I’ll relate another fun bonus God gave me on my trip home… In the meantime, this is the sky I saw when I drove from Joyce's conference the next afternoon to Toronto. God's light had burst through in a mighty way in the heavenlies - as a precursor of things to come, I believed!

I urge you to pray and expect God to answer you in the signs He gives you on your own trip through life. He is waiting to bless you more, and wants to enjoy a closer relationship with you whenever you choose to move more toward Him. He'll give you signs that mean something special to you in response to your dialogue with Him. So look up and see the Road Signs - the signs of God’s great love for you - on your Road Trip called Life!

No comments: