Friday, August 22, 2008

Beauty in Simple Things & Unexpected Places

The other day I was making a new recipe. It called for purple cabbage. As I was cutting the cabbage open, my artist’s eye was struck with the beautiful pattern that was revealed with each slice! So of course, I had to put down the knife and run for my camera!

I never cease to be amazed by the variety of patterns and textures all around us. Were you to decide to have fun experimenting with your camera and take some close-up pictures of ordinary things around you, I think you would be even more surprised and delighted by the beauty of design in ordinary life.

Here are a few more pictures to inspire you to sharpen your focus. Look around you and see all the beauty in even the simplest things and the most unexpected places.

As you view these pictures and look for your own, I urge you to think a little more beyond the surface of what you see. There’s obviously an amazingly creative God we have, who puts design and beauty in even the most mundane things – all the way to the extraordinary and huge things, like the massive redwood tree or the stars in the sky.

I just have to ask myself: What amazing beauty has He put in me? How can or does my life reflect his creativity? How amazing is it when God can flow through me to touch someone else just by being who I am – an ordinary person that He loves & who loves Him back?!

By the way, I think it’s a good thing God invented a sense of humor – and passed it on to us! I know He takes delight in watching our delight with discovering his surprises! May you uncover his special surprises just for YOU today!

Lois

No comments: